Monday, September 21, 2009

Well he did ask for it, so here is Deck Constantine

[7:24] Deck Constantine: Give me an example of something you've done that 1) that raises eyebrows, 2) raises hackles, and 3) raises expectations. Well, that would probably be three somethings... it could be one, actually, but I'd feel gipped.
[7:25] Lillie Yifu: Hello is usually a more polite way to begin a conversation
[7:26] Deck Constantine: You know, you can say that, but it really doesn't matter. Some girls want the polite hello, some want a little bit more depth--to show that you have some kind of genuine interest--and others want something "original," whatever that means. I'm not about to apologize for choosing a technique that's considered "appropriate" at least as often as the other options.
[7:27] Lillie Yifu: ah you are one of those. Why don't you go wave your ego in some one else's face then, please.
[7:28] Deck Constantine: Look who's talking! I go through all the trouble to read your profile and attempt to connect on some level beyond "Good morning, there!" and you have the gall to tell me "ur doin it rong."
[7:28] Lillie Yifu: I'll be on my way
[7:28] Deck Constantine: Straight to hell, where you belong, you old bat. :D

I can't help but wonder what in the world people like that are thinking.

What he displayed isn't depth, it's a kind of unpleasant nastiness.

The problem isn't the depth of his first reply it is his demanding tone, followed up by that classic gambit of the unpleasant male, the statement that he's never wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment