I think there is ONE way to get Linden Labs attention. Please keep reposting this, so that many will see it:
Linden Labs is a California Company. This type of action does come under the California Attorney General's Juristiction as it could be considered Consumer Fraud, according to my attorney.
If MANY of us contact the California Attorney General, they will investigate. Here is the contact information for the Attorney General's office:
Attorney General's Office
California Department of Justice
Attn: Public Inquiry Unit
P.O. Box 944255
Sacramento, CA 94244-2550
I would suggest calling them AND writing them. Please keep the following in mind when you do:
1. Their office is in the same time zone as Linden Labs, they are open from 9:00 am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
2. Be polite. Remember, they are just a fact collector and they are always on the side of the consumer.
3. Be clear and have a talking plan. Most likely, the person you speak to, will not know anything about Second Life, so be prepared to clearly explain how Second Life works and why you believe their actions to be illegal and immoral.
4. Know Linden Labs Contact Information:
Linden Labs, 945 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111
5. Don't fear retialation from Second Life in any way. In California that would be a criminal act. They may not suspend cancel your account, or act in any adverse way against you for attempting to exersize your legal rights.
Good luck everyone.
The division that handles investment complaints is:
here or you can phone them: 866 275 2677
From Vryl Valkyrie:
Originally Posted by Vryl Valkyrie
Both of these Open Space sims actually built by the Moles who work for Linden Lab. Both of these Open Space sims are perfect examples of hypocricy and deception on the part of Linden Lab.
This is a prime example and can actually be used as evidence against them in a court of law that they are indeed in violation of the AntiTrust laws of the United States. They are monopolozing the economy and market to benifit them, giving them an unfair and unrealistic advantage over their competitors, the users of Second Life.
Speaking of attorneys, my lawyer has kindly offered to represent the users of SL (probono) pertaining to the Open Space sim issue. You can contact him via his website:
He is currently setting up an official petition to present to Linden Lab.
Once again, I really do love Second Life and normally I support Linden Lab on many of their policies but this time are they are just wrong. This action will hurt more than 50% of SL users. It will destroy the virtual and even real life dreams of many. I sincerely hope that they rethink this decision carefully.