Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Keep Cool

Like a lot of people I have been freezing and crashing a lot of late. One of my geek inclined friends diagnosed the problem: my laptop is running too hot. There are two factors. On is that it is warm now here in the Northern Hemisphere, and the other is that the new clients work graphics cards a great deal harder. So it is definitely time to do things to cool your computer, especially if you have a lap top as I do. I've heard Linden Lab programmers make the same comment.

So, while bug fixes and so on are important, a fan and some cooling gadget seems like a good idea.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still on the Nicholaz patch you walked me through last month ... some red lining but only one crash. And an 8" fan about 4 feet from my head and hands...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've put a fan on the laptop both here and at work. It's done world for my ability to stay logged in.

    ReplyDelete