Monday, May 12, 2008

Create new huge prims from the browser:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-7192

Vote to create huge prims in the browser. And to fix the annoying bug where editing any dimension of a huge prim causes it to snap. Since libsl can create huge prims, there is no reason not to put this in the client. Since we presently cannot change any dimension without losing the prim, the option should be grayed out.

Updated: Able has posted a basic patch... I'm linking to that JIRA.

Thanks Able!

3 comments:

  1. "Since we presently cannot change any dimension without losing the prim, the option should be grayed out."

    That's a great idea. I will work on including this in my next version of the patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kk

    I'm working on building the client and wrapping patches in from Nicholaz, Henri and others.

    Somebody needs to break the log jam here, and since I'm not a coder, it might as well be me.

    I just want a client that works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, we need an option for "SL" and "OpenSim." SL allows creation, but not editing, of huge prims. OpenSim tops out at 100M, but allows full editing.

    ReplyDelete