Monday, July 16, 2007

Why I am here.

I am here because of exquisitely sensitive hearts like London Spengler's.

I am here because of souls on a deep journey like Jazon Beck.

I am here because of bright curious and openly warm people like Hamlet Au.

I am here because of generous and fabulously talented people like June.

I am here because of visionary people like Lou Tones.

I am here because of acidicly observant people like Vint Falken.

I am here because of the good listeners like Veyron Supercharge.

I am here because of the people who I have had a chance to help, which has, in turn, helped me grow as a person.

I am here because of wonderous craftsmanship and keen eye of of Vindi Vindaloo.

I am here because of the Botanical Gardens and Paris 1900.

I am here because of welcoming people like Mitzy of Alady.

I am here because Le Club at Herald Square and Twisted Orchid gave me my first breaks in a difficult business.

I am here because of people with boundless potential like Susan Usher.

I am here because of good time and good spirited Sunta Bing.

I am here because of the kindness of Rebecca Beaumont.

I am here because of all around good guys like bryan Burns.

I am here because of tireless organizers and community builders like Gwyneth Llewelyn and Zoe Connolly and 57 Miles.

I am here because of dozens of other people, some who I know, some who I've just chatted once or twice, others I've never met, and some who don't want their names dropped here, but are very precious to me in every day and every minute. Over the course of today as I have time I will put in links everyone I've mentioned here.

I hope you will make your list and share it with us, if you send me a link, I will link it in this post.

9 comments:

  1. I wonderful idea, Lillie. And thank you so very much for the mention here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! Thank you for inspiring me to create my own list....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the mention and I know you're special to all of us as well Lillie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would help if I actually linked to my own list instead of yours, now wouldn't it ::laughs in embarrasement::

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful lists indeed! Both make me think, I need to write on it, it will take time. Though.

    Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I am here because of one strange and revelatory moment in the darker reaches of the KABUKI sim, when I realized I was not simply a puppet of a real person. I was something else. I had Changed."

    That is the line whichis staying with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the line which is staying with me.

    I doubt it can compare to your own long dark night of the soul, ma'am. Mine was only a single tick of the clock at the stroke of midnight, but it meant something to me.

    If you would like to hear my little story I will tell it to you someday, but not here I think. I keep it mostly private to give it some meaning.

    Thank you for your praise and interest. They mean a lot to me.

    ::Argent Out::

    ReplyDelete