Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Three Linden Opera:Turning of the Wheels

1st Girl: (spoken)
Look! It's her! Poly Mor-pheus

2nd Girl: (spoken)
Really. Oh my god. I so read you every day?

Poly:
After what I said?

3rd Girl:(Spoken)
We know it's a money pit.

Chorous in Unison:(Spoken)
That's why we work here!

1st Girl: (Spoken)
Only it's not going so well for us.
Even though the wheels are turning.

(max enter's stage right and listens)
Poly:(sung)
It's the turning, it's the turning, it's the turning
of the wheel.
And we're learning, and we're learning,and we're learning
not to steal.
We've been dreaming, we've been dreaming
and it's becoming real.
It's the turning, it's the turning, it's the turning
of the wheel.

Girls:
It's the turning, it's the turning of the wheel...
A new country we've come to that is starting to anneal.
Like coming of the steam train, or the auto-motive-beel,
We can feel the spinning, like movie's film reel.
It's the turning it's the turning,
and the wounds that it can heal.

1st girl:
In real life, I'm paralyzed
my legs they don't work.

2nd girl:
I'm 300 pounds...

3rd girl:
married to a jerk...

1st life:
But here I fly,

2nd girl:
No one asks why,

3rd girl:
I do this sex work,

1st:
I'm bought and sold...

2nd:
My voice is gold...

3rd:
I can grin and smirk,
at the fucksticks that buy
all the ways that I lie,
as if I spent my whole day
masturbating away
for their pleasure....

Chorous:
You know our life,
you know the strife,
that's why we love you...
You are so blunt,
about what we have to do.
Only you write, about the night
and what we're going through.

1st Girl:(Spoken)
So you know the party line,
but it will turn out fine.
Because you are a star.

Poly:
It's just the turning that is busy
in the back of my mind,
I only write the best I know about
what I come to find.
If you think max is a bastard,
I've an editor in mind,
who needs a looking glass,
and his ego undermined.

It's the turning, it's the turning,
it's the turning of the wheel,
Once a black and white world,
is now lavender and teal,
When big blue comes a calling,
and Intel pays for meals
it's the yearning for a livelihood,
that doesn't crush you under heel.

Can't you make the change,
it's not so strange,
the things that are blossoming.
Pregnant with a wind,
that comes from deep within...


Chorus:
It's the turning, it's the turning, it's the turning
of the wheel!

1st Girl:
I want to make sculpture!

2nd Girl:
I've made a new dress, and it's just rapture!

3rd Girl
Video, is what I know,
and this life I'll capture!

Chorus:
It can be anew!
We can think and do!

Poly:
I, I know too much,
too much to tell you.
I seek, I seek a rush,
that will only do.
But what is crushed, what is crushed
evaporates into dew.
I don't live here, any more.
I don't live here, any more.

Max: (aside)
It's time to make an entrance,
or all is lost,
I must destroy this woman,
no matter what the cost.
Or my empire scattered,
and to tempest tossed.
I can't take it, any more.

(Steps forward)

Max:
It's the turning, it's the turning, it's the turning
of the wheels.
It's the burning, and the losing, and the crying
and the squeals,
As the fools they lose their money on the
crooked little deals.
It's the turning, it's the turning
it's the turning of the wheels!

33 Black! No one bet on it...
how did that happen?
Now the wheel comes back,
the bets are open...

I think some linden love
will give these doubts a shove,
so reach up, there's a sploder above.

Sploder:
The sploder is about to explode!

Chorous:
It's the turning, it's the turning, it's the turning of the
wheels!
It's the sighs that we let off, it's the fake erotic
squeals!
It's the burning of a passion that no one really
feels!
It's the turning, it's the turning of the
wheels!


Poly:
I know, I know too much,
I know to little.
I reach to touch,
and feel a riddle.
I caught in the clutch,
played like a fiddle.
Life is so and such,
caught in the middle

That's me... I don't live here any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment