Sunday, April 20, 2008

Barney's 1.19 patch

I'm testing this.

Here is the official release it is based on.
Is the patch

Remember...

In old client, clear cache.
Download and mount official version and patch.
Copy Official version to where you will run it from.
Run patch, select File->Open, find the folder the official version is in.
Select Choose.
Wait for dialog box.
Unmount disks.
Run.
Before logging in, go to Edit->Preferences->Graphics.
Set it to "Low."
Log in.


Updated: Red mapping on impact, every single time. I don't know about other people's experience, but this does not work at all for me. As far as I can tell I'm just going to have to skip 1.19 entirely.

[Updated... I've been on Henri Beauchamp's Coolview for some hours. It seems to work, and I am using the map patch from SA to be able to teleport above 768M. So here is Barney's Patch Version for Mac of the Coolview. It works for me on my frail hardware and I will be getting some other macintosh people to test it. It rolls the interface back to the pre-voice style. No frazzle™)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lillie! Thanks for posting this.

    I think there is something missing though. The href's are the same for both links - the 1.19 base app and the patch.

    Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will fix it... thanks

    SA is patching the Nicholaz Browser so that it will work above 768. He has the map working, but said that was very easy compared to the other parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad it doesn't work for you. It seems that 1.19.1 is rather quirky in it's workings - I had more reports on problems with the patched 1.19.1 than with any other patched version before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.19 is just an awful release. SL needs to change the way they develope the client, this way clearly does not work.

    ReplyDelete